Your Source for Understanding Personal, Business, Life, Health, Group Benefits, and Medicare Insurance.

Original Medicare

father and son walking on a stone path

Debunking 5 Medigap Misconceptions

As the name implies, Medigap insurance is designed to fill in gaps in coverage that occur with Original Medicare. For example, if Original Medicare Part B covers 80% of medically necessary services for your outpatient care, a Medigap policy will cover the remaining 20%. This is important coverage to have,

Read More »
senior woman smiling

Everything You Need to Know about Medicare Open Enrollment in 2023

For those eligible for Medicare, Open Enrollment is the time to reconsider your options, select a plan, or make other adjustments to your healthcare coverage. The following are answers to key questions about Medicare Open Enrollment. What Is Medicare? Medicare is a federal fee-for-service health insurance program in two parts

Read More »
senior woman smiling

10 Medicare Terms You Should Know

Generally, eligibility for Medicare begins at age 65. Your initial enrollment period starts three months before you turn 65 and ends three months after the month you turn 65. When the time to enroll in Medicare is approaching, it is important to learn the language. These are 10 Medicare terms

Read More »
senior man having a meal delivered to his house

Does Medicare Cover Meal Delivery Services?

As most older adults know, a healthy diet can make a difference in how we feel and the quality of life we enjoy in our Golden Years. Meal delivery services provide a simple way to make eating at home more leisurely, safe, and enjoyable. Seniors all over the country have

Read More »
Two seniors working out with instructor

How to Improve and Strengthen Motor Skills

Aging affects the brain as well as the rest of the body. With advanced age comes a decline in sensorimotor function and control. This can affect gait, balance, fine motor control, and the ability to perform activities of daily living. Seniors who lose these abilities may not be able to

Read More »
Happy African American Couple With Advisor

Social Security vs. Medicare

Social Security and Medicare are related. Many seniors begin receiving benefits from both at approximately the same time. However, they are two different programs administered by other federal agencies, which provide different benefits to older adults. What Is Social Security? Social Security was created to promote the economic security of

Read More »
Confused Senior COuple Reviewing Paperwork

How to Avoid Medicare Penalties

Medicare charges late enrollment penalties that take some people by surprise. These penalties are designed to discourage older Americans from passing up Medicare coverage and possibly incurring high medical bills down the road. Take steps to avoid these penalties, so you do not have to pay higher Medicare premiums. What

Read More »
Serious Senior Woman Reviewing Paperwork

How to Prepare For Your “Welcome to Medicare” Visit

If you are new to Medicare, you are embarking on a new phase in your healthcare journey. One of the first things you will do is schedule a “Welcome to Medicare” visit. Medicare covers this visit. When scheduling this first visit, ensure the medical provider you choose accepts Medicare. When

Read More »
Happy Senior Couple With Advisor

Common Medicare Questions to Ask

When you become eligible for Medicare, several questions arise. What questions should you ask? And who should you ask? Trying to get answers can be a little more complex than you expect! Most people find it much easier to work with a local agent who can answer your questions clearly,

Read More »
Concerned Senior Couple Looking at Paperwork

Common Medicare Insurance Pitfalls to Avoid

You are eligible for Medicare and have probably been looking forward to the lower cost of health insurance. If you are nearing age 65, you need to be aware of the common pitfalls that many eligible people have experienced: You did not sign up during your initial enrollment period. You

Read More »